Direct Care Worker - MCO
Under the direction of the Member Care Coordinator (MCC), this position aids to meet the non-medical needs of members in their homes in assisting members with: personal care activities, routine house cleaning, laundry, ambulation, transfers, meal preparation and feeding, offer companionship. This position requires traveling between members’ homes. The employee must have reliable, insured transportation or the ability to utilize the transit system to ensure clients scheduled hours of care are covered. Working hours will vary and may require evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- Appropriately assists member with personal care activities, routine house cleaning, laundry, ambulation and transfers, meal preparation and feeding, and learning objectives in the service plan.
- Provides general supervision of the member and companionship in accordance with the member’s service plan as outlined by the assigned Member Care Coordinator.
- Accurately document services provided and complete data sheets in accordance with policy and service plan requirements on day that services are rendered.
- Immediately report any changes in the member’s condition or incidents to the assigned Member Care Coordinator or Supervisor on Duty.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all personal member information.
- Pass and maintain training/certifications and
- Pass and maintain background check.
- Maintain a professional appearance and adhere to dress code.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Good communication skills and the ability to follow directions, policies and procedures.
- High school education or GED preferred.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Experience providing personal care and housekeeping - 3 months minimum
- AHCCCS Direct Care Worker training or current CNA license a plus.
- Current CPR & First Aid certification
This position is classified as Non-Exempt as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- May require sitting or standing for long periods of time
Director of Programs
Physical & Mental Limitations Statement
You are not required to disclose information about physical or mental limitations that you believe will not interfere with your ability to do the job. However, you should disclose any physical or mental impairment for which special arrangements or accommodations are needed to enable you to perform the essential functions of the job. Your description of any impairment and suggestions for reasonable accommodations will be considered in evaluating reasonable accommodations.